Welcome to:Kelly Park Limited
Our aim is to provide a high quality service to clients of all ages in their own homes, respecting their independence, privacy and dignity to ensure they enjoy the best possible quality of life at home.
Kelly Park Limited gained accreditation with Durham County Council, Durham & Darlington NHS Primary Care Trust (CCG),Gateshead M.B.C and South Tyneside Council and have an excellent working relationship with Commissioning Staff, Care Managers, District Nurses and other Health Care Professionals.
Since 1994 our Home Care Support Workers distinctive black uniforms have become a familiar sight throughout County Durham, employing Home Care Support Workers in Chester Le Street, Durham, Stanley, Consett, Gateshead & South Tyneside. We can match their wide range of care experience to your specific needs.
Our Human Resources Department constantly monitors our Home Care Support Workers and Senior Home Care Support Workers performances to ensure they meet your requirements. All Home Care Support Workers wear identity badges for easy recognition and security.
- We were registered with the CQC (Care Quality Commision) in March 2004 and became an umbrella Body for the Criminal Records Bureau offering our services to those in need nationally.As a member of the United Kingdom Home Care Association we operate to stringent standards and receive regular updates on Home Care Issues.To find out more about our services phone our Head Office where one of our supportive personnel will be able to assist with your enquiry.
Our aim is to make sure better care is provided for everyone whether that's in hospital, in care homes, in people's homes or elsewhere. As a provider we are registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) under the Health and Social Care Act 2008, which means that our services are meeting the Government's standards of quality and safety (the essential standards). To more about this Click Here
It is the policy of this company is to promote the highest standards of health and safety to prevent Service Users, Employees and Visitors suffering accidents and ill health. We consider the statutory requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and subordinate legislation (listed below) to be the very minimum standards applied to the service we provide.
The policy describes the procedures to be taken with regard to the handling of Service Users financial matters. For obvious reasons, it would be preferable not to become involved with Service Users financial affairs; however on occasions this will be unavoidable. To safeguard both Service User and members of staff, the following procedures must be strictly followed.
Health & Safety Policy Statement
Statement of General Policy for Health and SafetyIt is the policy of this company is to promote the highest standards of health and safety to prevent Service Users, Employees and Visitors suffering accidents and ill health. We consider the statutory requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and subordinate legislation (listed below) to be the very minimum standards applied to the service we provide.
Main Subordinate Legislation:
- Fire Precautions (Workplace) Regulations 1997
- Manual Handling Regulations 1992
- European Community Manual Loads Directive 1993
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Health and Safety First Aid Regulations 1981
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995 (RIDDOR)
- Control Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 1994 (COSHH)
- Electricity at Work Regulations 1990
- The Control of Legionellae in Health Care Premises HS(G)70 1992
We believe that the management of health and safety is one of the most important management functions. We expect management and supervisory staff and all employees to carry out their duties in the full knowledge that the company considers that health and safety must take priority.
The company have appointed Croner Consulting Limited as having particular responsibility for the implementation of this policy and to whom reference should be made in the event of any difficulty arising in the implementation of this policy.
The management in consultation with employees will define annual objectives for health and safety, and performance will be measured against those objectives.
This Policy Statement for Health and Safety will be displayed prominently. The complete health and safety manual detailing the company, risk assessments and arrangements for implementing this general policy will also be available on the premises for reference by any employee or Service User.